Assess the philosophy and suggest a possible author for each of the following quotes.:
1. "the cause of ... depression and poverty ... of society [is] the growth of population."
2. ".. the confusion of the biologic notion of 'overpopulation' with the political problems of poverty and sustainable food production .. so many .. honestly believe that by soberly intoning that there are just 'too many people' they somehow cut across all the moral and political agonies of globalization, of rising human migrations, mass extinctions, atmospheric instability and the rest of it. In fact 'overpopulation' explains none of these things, and as long as we cling to it we remain the confused citizens of a incomprehensible world."
3. "If the United States were to allocate its food aid 'efficiently' it would have to sort out countries according to those which have a future and should have food aid, and those without a future whose people must be sacrificed for the well-being of the world community."
4. ".. the .. population crisis .. which is the .. outcome of the exploitation of poor nations by rich ones, ought to be remedied by returning to the poor countries enough of the wealth taken from them to give their peoples both the reason and the resources voluntary to limit their own fertility."
5. "If the world is one great commons, in which all food is shared equally, then we are lost .. the worst thing we can do is send food."
6. "Policies that promote economic growth and personal freedom
are the only safe ways to curb population growth."